Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 medium sized tomato chopped roughly
- 3 tbsp cashew pieces ( If you are using whole cashew then 8-10 pieces)
- 4 pieces of cloves
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic and green chilli paste
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red chilli powder ( You can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder ( This only gives good color to the curry without increasing the heat level) (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream /fresh cream (malai)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Water as required
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi crushed
- 1 cup paneer chopped into cubes (you can cut it into any shape and size of your choice)
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped for garnishing
- 1 tbsp heavy cream for garnishing
Combine roughly chopped tomatoes,cashew pieces and cloves in a blender jar and blend it to a smooth paste using water as required.
Take a pan/kadhai and add ghee in it.When ghee is hot enough add cumin seeds in it. Keep the gas on medium heat.
As the cumin seeds starts turning brown add ginger garlic and green chilli paste in it and saute till raw aroma of ginger and garlic disappears. Keep the gas on medium heat. It will take around a minute or so.
Now add finely chopped onion in it and saute it till it starts turning translucent in color.
As onion starts turning translucent in color add tomato paste in it and stir it nicely.
Now add salt, sugar, red chilli powder and kashmiri red chilli powder and mix all the ingredients very nicely. Now cover the pan/kadhai and let the gravy cook till it starts leaving ghee from the sides. Keep the gas on medium heat and keep stirring in between so that it do not stick to the bottom of the pan/kadhai.
Cook the gravy till it starts leaving ghee from the sides.Once done it will look like the second picture given above.
Now add garam masala in it and mix it nicely.
Add heavy cream/fresh cream and milk in the gravy and stir nicely.
Add kasuri methi, crush it with hands a little bit while adding.Mix it nicely.
Now add water according to the consistency of your liking. To give it a more richer flavor add more milk instead of water. Stir in paneer cubes and mix it gently so that it do not crumble. Now let it simmer on low heat for at least 5 mins.
Super scrumptious Paneer Makhani is ready. Take it out in a bowl,garnish with heavy cream and coriander and serve hot with roti, paratha, butter naan, garlic naan or any bread of your choice. Do try this and let me know how you like it. Enjoy !!
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/easycooking247/