Servings: 8 small sized paratha
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (aata)
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (lal mirch) (adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 1 tbsp ghee for adding in the dough (clarified butter)
- Water as required for kneading the dough
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour for rolling the parathas
- Ghee for cooking the parathas
Take whole wheat flour and gram flour in a deep bowl.
Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and asafoetida in it Mix all the ingredients nicely.
Now add finely chopped methi leaves. (wash and clean the leaves very nicely before chopping as it may contain some soil). Knead the dough using little water as required. Knead a little stiff dough. First the dough will be little sticky but afterwards it will come together.
Add 1 tbsp ghee and knead it nicely into the dough, now cover the dough and keep it to rest for at least 15-20 minutes.
Divide the dough into 8 equal sized balls.
Roll out each portion of the dough using little flour into a small circle.The paratha should neither be very thin nor thick.
Like this roll out rest of the parathas.
Heat a tava and when tava is hot enough then place the paratha gently over it.Cook it till small eruptions appear on the surface. Turn over the paratha and cook for few more seconds.It will look like the second picture given above. Keep the gas on medium flame.
Now cook the paratha from both the side by applying ghee till it is golden brown in color.
Like this cook rest of the parathas. Hot and delicious methi ke parathe is ready to be enjoyed. Serve this hot with curd , pickle or any curry of your choice. These parathas taste good even cold. These goes very well with tea and coffee as well so you can also take these while travelling. It is good for about 2 days when kept at room temperature. Do try this out friends and please let me know how you like it. Enjoy !!
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.
If you like my work then follow my blog with –