Video Link: Watch Complete Recipe Here
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1.5 cups crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil (Vegetable oil, peanut oil, rice bran etc any can be used)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (lal mirch) (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder (kali mirch)
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder ( bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp kasuri methi (MDH or Everest any can be used)
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped for garnishing
Take a pan and add oil to it, when oil is hot enough add finely chopped onion in it.
Stir it nicely and saute it for about a minute a so.Keep the gas on medium heat.Add Salt to taste and saute it till it starts turning translucent in color.
As onion starts turning translucent, add finely chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste in it. Mix it nicely and saute it for about a minute or so.
Now add finely chopped tomato and mix it nicely. Keep the gas on medium heat.
Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, garam masala and sugar and mix all the ingredients nicely.
Cook the masala till tomatoes become pulpy and everything comes together. It will take around 6-7 minutes. It will look like the picture given above.
When masala has cooked nicely, add crumbled paneer in it and mix it nicely with the masala.
Finally add kasuri methi in it. Crush it with your hands while adding it, as it releases nice aroma and flavor after crushing it. Mix it nicely and switch off the gas. Super delicious paneer bhurji is ready to be relished.
Take it out in a bowl, garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot with roti, butter naan, paratha, garlic naan or any bread of your choice. This curry is very easy and super scrumptious. Paneer bhurji can also be used as filling in your sandwiches or rolls. This is an easy tiffin box item for your kids. Roll it between chapatis, with some tomato ketchup and your kids will love it. Do try this and let me know how you like it. Enjoy !!
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.