Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup beans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white button mushrooms finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp or 4-5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tbsp refined oil (you can use vegetable oil, canola, sesame, olive oil, peanut etc any can be used)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce/green chilli sauce (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 cups of vegetable broth/Water
Get all the veggies ready for the soup
Take a pan and add oil in it.
When oil is hot enough add chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and onion in it. Saute it for about a minute or so till onion starts turning translucent in color.Keep the gas on medium heat.
Now add grated carrot, finely chopped cabbage and green beans in it.Stir it nicely. Add salt, be a little light handed while adding salt as the sauces also contain salt in it. Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.Keep the gas on medium heat.
As the veggies will cook a little bit add mushrooms, green bell pepper and red bell pepper.Mix it nicely and saute it till the veggies are little tender. The veggies should be little tender but their crunchiness should still be there. As the veggies are so finely chopped it will not take much time to cook.
Add black pepper powder and stir it nicely.
When the veggies have cooked nicely add soy sauce,chilli garlic sauce and vinegar. Mix the veggies nicely with the sauces.
Combine 2 tbsp cornflour with around 1/4 cup of water and mix it nicely so that there are no lumps in it.
Now add cornflour mixture and water in the veggies and stir it nicely.Keep the gas on medium heat and let the soup simmer for around 10 minutes. Give it a taste and adjust salt and sauces accordingly.
Hot and scrumptious Hot and Sour Soup is ready in no time. It is totally divine and no brainer in chilli winters or when you want to have something light as well as filling and scrumptious. Serve it hot with Chilli Paneer or Pepper Corn or garlic bread or any appetizer of your choice. For me it is good as it is.I simply love it and so you will. Do try this and let me know how you like it.Enjoy !!
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/easycooking247/