Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups steamed white rice (you can use any rice)
- 1 cup soya mini chunks ( if you have big ones then use 1/2 cup)
- 1 big onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies finely chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 3 tbsp refined oil (vegetable,sunflower any)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp kitchen king masala (MDH) (if you want less spicy then add less and if you want more spicy then add little bit more)
- Water for boiling soya chunks
Take a deep pan,add 3 cups water and 1 tsp salt in it and keep it to boil.When water starts boiling then add soya chunks in it.Give it a stir and boil till the soya chunks are soft.It takes around 10 minutes for soya chunks to become soft,then sieve it with a colander and keep it aside.
Take a deep pan/kadhai and add oil to it.When oil is hot enough then add cumin seeds to it.
As cumin seeds starts turning brown,add chopped green chilies and garlic in it and saute it for about a minute.
Then add chopped onion in it and stir it nicely.Saute it for about 2 minutes
Now add salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,pepper powder and kitchen king masala and mix nicely.Keep the heat on medium.Cook till onion is roasted properly.It takes around 3-4 minutes.Keep stirring in between.
When onion is roasted properly then add peas to it and stir nicely.Cook more for about 5 minutes on low heat till peas become soft.
When all the veggies have cooked properly then add the boiled soya chunks and mix nicely.At this stage you can taste it and adjust the salt and spices as after mixing rice it is little difficult to adjust the spices.
After mixing all the ingredients,add rice and mix it very gently so that rice do not break.
Lastly garnish the pulav with finely chopped coriander and serve hot.You can also serve plain curd/yogurt or any raita of your choice along with it. It is also a very good tiffin box item for kids.Do make it and let me know how you like it.Enjoy !!
Tastes best with kitchen king masala, if not available you can also use garam masala. Add according to the spice level you want.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.