Today I am posting recipe for Rajasthani Mix Sabji. This is a tradional sabji which is made in Rajasthan in almost every occasion. This is a super delicious sabji, all the different vegetables contributes its own flavors making it very delicious. Friends do try this recipe and let me know how you like.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 big tomato chopped into small cubes
- 3-4 green chilies (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 1/2 cup radish chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup potato chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup carrot chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup dosakai chopped into small cubes
- 4 tbsp refined oil
- 2 whole dry red chillies
- 2 cloves (laung)
- 2-3 bay leaves (tej patta)
- 2 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
Get all the ingredients ready
Take a deep kadhai and add oil to it.
When oil is hot enough then add cumin seeds, whole dry red chillies,bay leaves and asafoetida.
When the cumin seeds starts turning brown in color then add chopped green chillies and grated ginger in it and saute it for about a minute.
Then add chopped tomatoes and stir nicely.Add salt and turmeric powder and mix nicely.
Cook it on medium heat till tomatoes start becoming pulpy. It takes around 3 -4 minutes
As the tomatoes start becoming pulpy add all the chopped veggies except coriander and mix all the veggies nicely with the tomato pulp.Now cover the kadhai and cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
Now add red chilli powder,coriander powder,black pepper powder,dry mango powder,garam masala and kashmiri red chilli powder and mix all the spices nicely with all the vegetables.
Add in chopped coriander and mix nicely. Now cover and cook the sabji till all the veggies are cooked nicely.Stir in between after every 5 minutes so that it do not stick to the bottom of the kadhai. Keep the gas on medium heat. It takes around 15 minutes for all the veggies to cook.After that uncover the kadhai and roast the sabji on medium high heat for about 5-7 minutes so that the water content of sabji evaporates.Keep stirring it continously.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.