Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped purple cabbage/normal green cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup onion thinly sliced
- 3-4 green chillies thinly sliced (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups noodles (Approx.)
- 3 tbsp refined oil (Sunflower oil,peanut oil,vegetable oil etc any can be used,you can also use olive oil or sesame oil)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp white distilled Vinegar
- 2 tbsp greens of green onion for garnishing
Get all the ingredients ready.
Take sufficient water in a deep pan or kadhai to boil the noodles.Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil in the water.We add oil in water so that noodles do not stick to each other.When water starts boiling add the noodles in it and boil till it is done.After 5 minutes or so take it out with a help of spoon and check it by pressing it between your fingers and if it is pressed easily (Al -dente) then it means it is done and if not then cook for some more time. Drain it nicely with a help of colander and keep it aside.
Take oil in a deep kadhai/pan/wok,
When oil is hot enough then add onion in it and saute it for about a minute,
then add green chillies,ginger and garlic in it and mix nicely.Saute it nicely till the onions starts becoming translucent in color.It takes around 2-3 minutes.Keep the gas on medium heat.
Add all the veggies and mix nicely.
Now add salt,pepper and red chilli flakes in it.Be a little light handed while adding salt as all the sauces will also be having salt in it.You can adjust salt later when all the sauces and noodles have been mixed with the veggies.Stir all the veggies nicely.Keep the gas on medium heat.We have to cook the veggies till it is little tender and the crunchiness of all the veggies is still there.It will take around 5-7 minutes.Do not cover it and cook other wise the veggies will loose its crunchiness.
Meanwhile in a small bowl add tomato sauce,chilli sauce,soy sauce and vinegar and mix it nicely.
When the veggies have cooked then add the sauce mixture in it and toss it nicely so that all the sauces are nicely mixed with the veggies.
Now add the boiled noodles in it and toss gently so that the noodles do not break and become mushy.
Yummy Veg Chowmein is ready to be enjoyed.Take it out on a plate and garnish with some greens of green onion and serve hot. You can add any vegetable as per your liking.You can also add some green beans or sugar snap peas in it.Do try this and let me know how you like it.Enjoy !!
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.
and my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/easycooking247/