Servings: 5-6 Sandwiches
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 4 medium sized potatoes boiled
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp refined oil (sunflower,peanut,rice bran etc)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala (you can add less if you want less spicy)
- 10-12 slices of White Bread/Wheat Bread (you can take any bread of your choice)
Get all the ingredients together.
Mash the potatoes nicely either by hand or using potato masher.
Take oil in a deep pan/kadhai,
when oil is hot enough,add green chillies and ginger in it and saute till it starts turning brown in color.
Now add mashed potatoes in it and mix it very nicely.Mix it with flat spatula as it is easy to scrap the sides and bottom of kadhai/pan so that potato does not stick to the vessel.Keep the gas on medium heat.
Add salt,red chilli powder,roasted cumin powder,pepper powder and garam masala to the mashed potatoes and
mix it very nicely.Keep the gas on medium heat and keep roasting the potatoes for about 7-8 minutes stirring it continuously.
When the potatoes starts leaving oil and it looks more smooth in texture then it means it is roasted completely.It will look like as the picture given above.Roasted potato filling is ready to be stuffed in bread.
Take a slice of bread on a clean plate/surface and spread generous amount of potato filling on top of it nicely.It taste best when we have good amount of potato filling in the sandwich,if you want less spread less filling as per your preference.
Then top it with another slice of bread.Now the sandwich is ready for toasting.You can toast/cook/grill sandwich in any way, like in tava or sandwich maker/griller or simple griller. I have done it on tava.
Spread butter on one side of the sandwich.Preheat the sandwich maker /griller or simple griller or tava and place the sandwich up side down so that the buttered side is down and then spread butter on the other side of the sandwich which is on top now.
Toast/cook the sandwich for about 5 minutes or until it is golden brown and crisp.Keep the gas on medium heat.If you will cook on high heat it will not be crispy.Like this make rest of the sandwiches.
Super flavorful and easy sandwiches are ready.Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney or any sauce of your choice.This is a very go to sandwich for travelling as well as for lunch boxes for kids.Do try this and let me know how you like it.Enjoy!!
- You can also put some thinly sliced onion inside the sandwich,it adds on the flavor.
- You can also put a slice of cheese inside the sandwich,it makes it scrumptious.
- If some filling is left,then you can also stuff it side your paratha and make aloo paratha with it.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.