Servings: Depends upon the size of crackers
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies finely chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp Milk (You can adjust it according to consistency of dough)
Get all the ingredients together
Take all purpose flour (maida) in a deep bowl.
Add butter in all purpose flour and mix it nicely with hands till it gets texture like bread crumbs.
Now add salt,sugar,coriander,green chillies and cumin seeds in the flour and mix nicely.
When all the ingredients are mixed properly,then by adding little milk at a time knead it into a little stiff dough.
Sprinkle some flour on a clean and dry surface and roll it with a help of rolling pin into a thin sheet of around 1/4 inch thickness.Now cut the edges with a knife to get a square/rectangle.
Now with a help of sharp knife cut it into small small squares and prick it with fork so that it does not puff while baking.The crackers are ready to be baked.Collect the remaining edges and repeat the procedure to make more crackers till the entire dough is used.
Pre heat oven at 180 degrees celsius or 350 degrees fahrenheit for around 10 minutes.Mean while arrange the crackers on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminium foil.If you are using aluminium foil then grease it a little bit with oil/butter so that the crackers do not stick to it.Now bake the crackers for around 10-11 minutes.Do not over bake them.As they turn light golden brown in color take it out from oven.Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the crackers. If it is too thin then it will bake fast and if it is thick then it till take a little time.So keep a close eye after 10 minutes .They are soft when they come out of oven but becomes crispy as they cool down.Super delicious and easy masala crackers are ready to be enjoyed with your tea/coffee.Do try this and let me know how you like it.Enjoy !!
- You can give any shape to the crackers as per your liking.
- Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the crackers. If it is too thin then it will bake fast and if it is thick then it till take a little time.So keep a close eye after 10 minutes .
- You can store it in air tight container,it is good for about a week.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.