Serving: 4 sandwiches
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 8 slices of white bread/wheat bread
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup hung curd/thick curd (dahi)
- 1 cup cabbage finely chopped/shredded
- 1/2 cup/one medium sized carrot grated
- 1/2 cup/one medium sized onion finely chopped
- 4-5 green chillies finely chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder (freshly crushed is preferred)
Step 1: In a deep bowl combine hung curd, cabbage, carrot, onion, green chillies, coriander, salt and pepper and mix nicely.It will be a thick mixture.
Step 2: Now lay four bread slices on a dry surface and spread the curd mixture evenly on all the 4 slices,then sandwich them with remaining 4 slices.Spread butter on one side of all the four sandwiches.
Step 3: Preheat the sandwich griller or simple griller and place the sandwich up side down so that the buttered side is down and then spread butter on the other side of the sandwich which is on top now.Grill the sandwich for about 5 minutes or until it is golden brown and crisp.Like this grill the remaining 3 sandwich.Super yummy curd sandwich is ready to be served.Serve with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.Enjoy !!
You can also make this sandwich without onion,you can also add 1/2 cup finely chopped green capsicum.It taste equally good.
Make this curd mixture when you have to make the sandwich,you can do rest of the preparation ahead of time and mix with curd when you have to make sandwich.If some mixture is left then keep it in refrigerator.This sandwich taste best when served immediately. It does not go well in tiffin boxes as due to curd the sandwich gets soggy.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.