Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium sized potato boiled and chopped into big cubes (Aloo)
- 1 big tomato finely chopped
- 4-5 green chillies finely chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp refined oil (vegetable,peanut,sunflower any)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 2 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1.5 cup water
Step 1: Take oil in a kadhai and when oil is hot enough then add cumin seeds.When cumin seeds starts crackling or turn brown in color then add green chillies and ginger.Saute for about a minute.Add chopped tomato and stir nicely.
Step 2: Add salt.turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder and garam masala and mix nicely all the ingredients.Cook on a medium flame.
Step 3: Keep stirring the tomato mixture in between so that it does not burn.Cook until tomato is cooked properly and have gravy kind of texture.This takes about 10 minutes.Then add chopped potato and mix the tomato gravy nicely with the potatoes.Keep stirring it for about 2 minutes so that gravy and potatoes are mixed nicely.Then add water and coriander.Simmer for about 5-7 minutes.You can adjust water according to the consistency of curry of your liking.Serve hot with roti, paratha, poori or any bread of your choice. Enjoy!!
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.