Serving: a medium bowl
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped(minced)(if cloves are small then take around 4)
- 2 tbsp oil (olive oil is preferred)
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 3 cups tomato puree/store bought canned crushed tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Chilli flakes according to taste
- 1/2 cup water
Step 1: Take oil in a kadhai or deep pan and when oil is hot enough then add garlic and onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Add tomato puree and give it a good stir.Now add salt,pepper,sugar, italian seasoning,oregano and chilli flakes and mix nicely.
Step 3: Add 1/2 cup water and let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat.Keep stirring it in between,when the sauce is little thick ,then switch off the gas and let it cool.When cooled down completely then store it in air tight jar and refrigerate it.Use as required.Enjoy !!
When refrigerated then pizza sauce remains good for about a week.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.