Servings: 1 lbs Cake, serves 4-5
Cooking Time: 1 hour
For the cake-
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1 tsp pineapple essence
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour “Maida” (sieved)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt (if using unsalted butter)
For the pineapple topping-
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pineapple can
Step 1: Take butter and sugar in a deep bowl and beat it till it is light in color and fluffy.
Step 2: Add milk powder and beat again.
Step 3: Add essence and some milk and beat again.
Step 4: Now keep adding maida and milk, alternatively and keep mixing the batter.
Step 5: Now finally add the baking powder and mix gently.Cake batter is ready.
Step 6: Grease the cake pan completely with butter.Now melt 2 tbsp butter in a different pan and add to this cake pan and spread the butter evenly all over the base of the cake pan.Then add brown sugar evenly over the butter so that there is a even layer of brown sugar.Arrange the pineapples over the brown sugar as shown in the picture below and also add cherries in between the pineapple slices:
Step 7: Now pour the cake batter prepared in step 5 over the pineapple. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees celsius/ 350 degrees fahrenheit for about 10 minutes and then bake the cake for about 30-35 minutes.Check the cake by inserting a clean knife or tooth pick and if it comes out clean this means cake has been baked properly.Take out the cake from the oven safely and let it cool for about 10 mins in the pan and then unmould it on a plate or a cake stand and let it cool completely. Then you can cut it and serve with whipped cream. Enjoy !!
- This cake can be made in pressure cooker also,the whole procedure is same just the cooking medium is different.For the whole procedure as to how to bake the cake in pressure cooker please refer vanilla sponge cake in pressure cooker.
- Mix/beat the butter, sugar and milk powder nicely but after adding all purpose flour and baking soda only, mix gently.Make sure that the all purpose flour is mixed properly. Do not over beat the batter after adding flour and baking soda. This trick ensures that you have a soft cake.
- If you don’t like caramelizing the cake with brown sugar then you can omit the brown sugar and butter and simply arrange the pineapple slices and cherries on the greased tin and then pour the batter over the pineapple slices and bake.
- This recipe of cake will make a 1 pound cake.If you need to make a big cake just double the ingredients.For many interesting cake ideas keep reading this blog. Coming Soon, icing cakes and many other mouth watering deserts.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.