Servings: 1 lbs Cake, serves 4-5
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour “Maida” (sieved)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (sieved)
- 1 pinch salt (if using unsalted butter)
Step 1: Take butter and sugar in a deep bowl and beat it till it is light in color and fluffy.
Step 2: Add milk powder and beat again.
Step 3: Add cocoa powder and some milk and beat again.
Step 4: Now keep adding maida and milk, alternatively and keep mixing the batter.
Step 5: Now finally add the baking powder and mix gently.
Step 6: Grease the baking pan using edible vegetable oil or butter,then dust the pan with all purpose flour and tap the cake pan to remove any extra flour. Pour the batter into the pan. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees celsius/ 350 degrees fahrenheit for about 10 minutes and then bake the cake for about 30-35 minutes.Check the cake by inserting a clean knife or tooth pick and if it comes out clean this means cake has been baked properly.Take out the cake from the oven safely and let it cool for about 10 mins in the pan and then unmould it on the wire rack and let it cool completely. Then you can cut it and enjoy !!
- This cake can be made in pressure cooker also,the whole procedure is same just the cooking medium is different.For the whole procedure as to how to bake the cake in pressure cooker please refer vanilla sponge cake in pressure cooker.
- Mix/beat the butter, sugar and milk powder nicely but after adding all purpose flour and baking soda only, mix gently.Make sure that the all purpose flour is mixed properly. Do not over beat the batter after adding flour and baking soda. This trick ensures that you have a soft cake.
- It is a well known fact that good baking means correct measurements of ingredients but if you do not have measuring cups or spoons this does not mean you cannot bake a proper cake. I will share a secret with you. Take any small Bowl and use the same bowl for measuring all the ingredients, do not change the bowl and you can use any simple tablespoon for measuring.
- 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon = 1/3 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup = 8 tablespoon
- This recipe of cake will make a 1 pound cake.If you need to make a big cake just double the ingredients.
For many interesting cake ideas keep reading this blog. Coming Soon, icing cakes and many other mouth watering deserts.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.