Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cup rice
- 5 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil/ 1 tbsp lemon juice
Step 1: First of all clean the rice and rinse the properly 2-3 times.
Step 2: Then combine water and rice in a deep pan and start boiling it.Add 1 tbsp oil/1 tbsp lemon juice. We add oil or lemon juice so that rice do not stick together and have a beautiful texture after boiling.
Step 3: While boiling rice if you feel water is less then add more water.Always water should be enough in the pan so that rice do not become sticky.
Step 4: After around 20 minutes take out small portion of rice with the help of spoon and press it with your fingers and if it crushing properly then it means rice is cooked.Strain the rice with the help of strainer.Steam white rice is ready.Enjoy !!
- If you are going to use rice as plain steam rice with curries or daals then add 1 tbsp ghee after boiling the rice.It will taste best.
- If you are going to use rice in some kind of pulav then rinse rice with cold water after straining it from hot water.After rinsing it with cold water, rice will not have sticky texture and pulav will come out best with this rice.
- If you are going to make pulav for some occasion or party then boil and keep rice one night before the party in the refrigerator.Then use it for making pulav.
- If you will soak the rice an hour before boiling it,then it will cook fast.It will take very less time to boil.
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.