Servings: 5 paratha
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
For the dough
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- Water for kneading the dough
- 2 tbsp wheat flour for rolling
For the Aloo masala/filing
- 2 medium sized boiled potatoes
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 4-5 green chillies finely chopped(you can adjust it acording to taste)
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- Salt according to taste
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Ghee for cooking and smearing
Step 1: Combine the flour, 1 tbsp of oil and salt in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 2: Peel and mash the potatoes.Mash nicely so that there is no lumps.Now add onion,green chillies,coriander,salt,cumin powder,red chilli powder and lemon juice,mix nicely and evenly. Aloo masala is ready.
Step 3: Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a small circle.Smear some ghee on top and place a spoon full of aloo masala in the centre of the circle.Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly. Roll again into a circle using little flour.
Step 3: Heat a tava and when it is hot place the paratha gently over it.Cook until brown spots appear on one side of paratha then flip the paratha and cook it on the other side.
Step 4: Now cook the paratha from both the side by applying ghee till it is golden brown in color.Hot and tasty paratha is ready.Serve it with curd or any curry of your choice. Enjoy !!