Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups mushroom chopped into thick slices (around 200 grams)
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger and garlic (2 cloves of garlic and 1 inch ginger)
- 2 tbsp refined oil(sunflower,rice bran,peanut etc any oil can be used)
- 2 cardamom
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp garam masala (if you want less spicy then add 1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (malai)
- Milk as required (Approx 1-1.5 cup)
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
Get all the ingredients together
Take oil in a deep pan/kadhai and put it on medium heat,
when oil is hot enough then add cardamom in it and saute it till it is little brown in color.It takes around 30-40 seconds.
Now stir in the chopped onion and green chillies and stir nicely.
Saute it till it turns little translucent,it takes around a minute or so.
Now add grated ginger and garlic in it and stir nicely.Saute it for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Add salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,pepper powder and garam masala in it and stir nicely.Keep the gas on medium heat.
Cook the onion until it is nicely caramelized and all the spices are cooked properly. When it starts leaving oil from the sides then it means it is completely cooked.It will look like as the picture given above.
Now add in the sliced mushrooms,
and mix it nicely.Add 2 tbsp water in it,we add water so that it do not stick to the bottom of pan/kadhai. Cover and cook until the mushrooms are soft and tender.Keep stirring in between.It takes around 8-10 minutes.Keep the gas on medium heat.
when the mushrooms are cooked properly then add cream in it and mix nicely.
Then add milk it according to the consistency of curry of your liking and give it a good stir.
Now add kasuri methi,crush the leaves nicely with your fingers while adding to the curry.Mix nicely and let it simmer for around 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
Super delicious mushroom in rich creamy gravy is ready in no time.Serve this hot with Roti, Paratha,Butter naan,Garlic naan or any bread of your choice. You can also make this curry with paneer or boiled potatoes.It tastes equally good.Do try this and let me know how you like it.Enjoy !!
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.