Servings: 2-3 person
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 1.5 cup white chick peas
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 tsp black salt
- 6 cup water for soaking and boiling chick peas
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 4-5 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped
- Salt according to taste
- Black pepper powder according to taste
- Red chilli powder according to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tbsp chana masala powder (either Everest / MDH or any other brand as per your availability you can add more if you want more spicy chana masala)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves for garnishing
- Few lemon wedges and onion rings for garnishing.
Step 1: Soak chick peas overnight in 3 cups of water.If not overnight but at least 5-6 hours.
Step 2: Wash the chick peas nicely then combine chick peas,3 cups water,black salt and soda bicarbonate and boil the chick peas.
Step 3: In a kahai add oil and when oil is hot enough add finely chopped green chillies and give it a stir.Add ginger and garlic paste.Saute it for about a minute.
Step 4: Add finely chopped onion and stir it nicely.Add salt,turmeric powder and chana masala. Keep stirring it.
Step 5: When onion is golden brown in color,add tomatoes,pepper powder,red chilli powder and garam masala and saute nicely.
Step 6: When tomatoes are cooked properly then boiled chick peas and tamarind paste.Mix nicely.For little gravy add 1 cup water.Let it simmer it for at least 5 minutes.Super easy chana masala is ready.Garnish it with coriander,onion and lemon and serve it with any bread of your choice.Enjoy !!
Please share your comments, feel free to post / email me your queries or if you need any additional details.